Disney released a statement about new rules dealing with dressing up in the park.
By doing this they had to modify the rules for Disney marathons; run Disney.
Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests. All participants and their Guests may dress as their favorite character, but must follow these guidelines as determined solely by Disney.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Guests who dress like Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- For runDisney participants ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
- For runDisney participants ages 14 and older:
- Layered costumes, that could conceal prohibited items, are not permitted (e.g. Jedi robes).
- Costume props, including those that surround the entire body (e.g. Death Star, UP House) are not permitted.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Guests may not wear masks of any kind.
Please note that while costumed attire may be worn during runDisney events, Guests 14 and older are not permitted to wear costumed attire in the theme parks. As a result, Guests may need to change their attire prior to visiting the parks after participating in a runDisney race.
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, a race or any race related event/activity unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
- All runners, Guests, costumes, and bags are subject to screening prior to entering the event staging areas.
- Weapons of any kind, or objects that appear to be actual weapons, including toy guns, are not allowed for any participants.
- See Costume guidelines for examples of acceptable toy accessories.
- For everyone’s safety, selfie sticks, baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, skates, scooters, bicycles, skateboards, canes, crutches, walkers, walking sticks, and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course. Violators will be removed from the course and transported to the finish line area.
- Headphones are discouraged due to audio messages that are placed throughout the course to ensure runner safety.
- runDisney can offer human guides to assist registered participants with disabilities. Please contact email@example.com, no later than 90 days in advance of the event.